Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday

Have you ever read Lindsey's blog the Pleated Poppy?  If not you should! She blogs about her life, and kids, and her store (which is fab!!) For a few weeks she has been sharing with us what she wears each week.  For me that is kinda scary, because I feel like I wear the frumpy stuff around sometimes.  It encouraged me to do a little better and to get out of my shorts and a tshirt slump (which I still did) and try to dress half way decent.  I realized that I need a full length mirror, so I tried to hold my shoes for you to see.  So here we go...

5.19.10

Gymnastics(Spice not me)
Errands
Church
Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft
Shirt: Target
Shoes: Bronze Metallic Reefs (my favorite flip flops!)
Guess I forgot to turn on the light??


5.20.10

Storytime with Sugar (Spice was at her last day of preschool)
Errands
Lunch
(**I did later change into a tshirt and shorts to go play outside)
Skirt: Target
Sweater: Target
Tank: where else?? Target
Shoes??
Necklace: Charming Charlies

5.21.10

Playtime at the park
Hung out at home
Shorts: JCrew Outlet
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Black Reefs (gift form my SIL)

5.22.10
Played at home
Shorts: JCrew Outlet
Shirt: Target
Shoes: Metallic Bronze Reefs
later we had a wedding, so I forced Mr. Nice got in on the action...

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft
Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
Black Heels: not pictured...Dillards
Necklace: Charming Charlies
Mr. Nice's suit: ???
Shirt: ???
Tie: ???

5.23.10
Church
Home
Church
Grocery
Seersucker Pants: Ann Taylor Loft
Tank: ATL
Coral sweater: Target
Gold Slipper Flats: ?? Outlet store in Destin...they were more than I normally pay for shoes but I have WORN. THEM. OUT!

5.24.10
Stayed at home All. Day. LONG!
Black Capri Yoga Pants: GAP Outlet
Pink Shirt: J Crew Outlet
Flip Flops: J Crew
No Makeup Look: FREE

5.25.10

Storytime
Lunch
Home Sweet Home
Jeans: Citizen of Humanity(probably the most expensive thing in my closet, but I have had them for 2 years and TOTALLY have gotten my money's worth!)
Shirt: Target
Shoes: Bronze Reefs
Bracelets: by me
(Don't be jealous of my 1979 light fixture!)


What I learned:
*I like solids
*I like teal and white colored clothing
*I tend to shop at the same ol' places
*It is hard to take a picture of yourself
*Its more fun and challenging when your family is involved!
*I would love to change out those gold knobs on the closet door!
*I'm ready for a new hairdo!

Meet more people who take pictures of what they wear everyday HERE:
Poppy

post signature

7 comments:

{all things tickled pink} said...

I think I have the same gold flats...Kenneth Cole? I love them!!!! They are so comfortable!!!

Jill said...

You keep Target and Ann Taylor Loft in business. I may try the outfit idea.. I do not know where all of my stuff comes from though!

Wren said...

I find it very hard to believe that you had to 'force' Ken to get in on the action...his idea, right?

Fire and ice are at it again!!!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Aw, you're adorable! Probably much cuter than I would look... ;)

When I go through my closet, I realize that just about every piece of clothing I own is from Target!

Thanks for linking up and reading The Sweetest Petunia - you are SO appreciated, really!

Jody said...

Loving the white skirt with the teal sweater-too cute!

laurenbusbee said...

You are way too cute!!! I love you in the teal colors too, but you REALLY looked cute in the orange sweater and seersucker pants. One of my most favorite looks-so classy!

coolkids said...

You are too adorable! I think I have that same Ann Taylor loft shirt. You find some great things at Target! I guess I need to really look while I am there next.