Thursday, January 28, 2010
So Long, Farewell!
Many of you have asked and I have recieved many emails and calls about when I would reopen my business. After praying about this for a few months now I have decided to call it quits after 3 years in the business. Why? My small home business was successful and thriving, but I was the one and only employee putting in the long, late hours. (except for my tax guy...AKA Mr. Nice) For me it had turned into a J.O.B. and no longer a fun hobby. It had become somewhat stressful and just not worth it to many anymore! Desinging was my creative outlet, dealing with rude customers felt like punishment! (although 99.9% of my customers were pleasant!!) Now I can do all the things that have been on the back burner like sew for my girls, get more sleep, organize my purse, and finish the 100 other projects I have started around here and not finished. Most important for me I have been trying to see things from more of an eternal aspect than worldly aspect. Not that owning a small business is not what God intends, but I wanted to spend the extra time studying God's word a little deeper and go a further in my walk with the Lord! I think I will always create and work on creative things, but not in the public relm! Thanks again to all my sweet customers, supportive friends, and loving family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contact me by email sugarandspicemommy@hotmail.com
Psalm 35:5
"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies."
2 comments:
We're going to miss all of your cute designs! I'm glad you'll have more free time. You deserve it!
hi ashley!
reading your "why" for closing up shop is something i could write myself... when i was on my Christmas break, i realized quickly how much time sassy sprouts was taking away from my boys/husband. {and then to think, we'll be adding another member to our family in july!} email me when you get a second {alissabert@comcast.net}... i'm afraid that some of my things got lost in the mail! i'm excited for you and all the time you now have with your girls/family and the time for creative projects!!
take care :)
alissa
Post a Comment